Lord’s Day Service – 11am
Due to the 50% capacity restriction enforced by the NS government in light of COVID19, we must require a request to attend services. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (902)479-3322 with how many in your group and the date you wish to attend. You will receive a callback or email response confirming your spot. Also, be prepared to confirm that you have read and understood all the protocol listed below for our services at this time.
Wednesday Bible study and Sunday School
Not yet resuming. Check back for further details.
Covid19 Reopening Protocol
Physical Distancing & Hygiene
- Please refrain from hugs, handshakes, and close contact of any kind with anyone not in your family. As this will be classified as a gathering of more than 10, physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times.
- Please be sure that you sit in your assigned seats, and inform Pastor Sean as early as possible if you do not plan to attend on a given Lord’s Day (so your seats can be reassigned to potential visitors).
- Because of the need for physical distancing, children must stay with their families at all times.
- The nursery (which is not staffed) will still be available for parents to use if they need to calm a child or nurse an infant, but all toys and books have been removed.
- You are encouraged to visit outside after the service where physical distancing is easier, so please use extra caution when driving in and out of the parking lot.
- Please stay home if you feel sick.
- Please practice good hand washing and cough/sneeze etiquette at all times.
- Cleaning/disinfecting – The bathroom, all surfaces, and high-touch areas will be cleaned/disinfected each week.
- The downstairs will be closed to regular traffic so that it will not need to be cleaned every week.
- We request that you ensure that your family uses the restroom before leaving your house. The upstairs bathroom will still be available, but if we can minimize usage of it that will make cleaning easier.
- There will be hand sanitizer provided at the front door which you are encouraged to use on your way in.
- If you wish to wear masks or gloves, which you are free to do, you will need to provide your own.
Changes to The Service
- We will be taking a minimalist approach to the service to keep it as close to one hour as possible, which means that there will only be two songs and the sermon will be shorter than usual.
- We will be having communion each week, but there will be no communion message and extra caution will be taken in preparation and passing:
- Those who prepare and pass the elements for communion will wear gloves and masks which will be provided by the church.
- The bread will be put in communion cups to prevent cross contamination when picking up a piece of bread from the tray (like we used to do it).
- The cups will be spaced in the tray in such a way so as to prevent you from touching another cup and the elder will be the only one to handle the tray. Also, the tray will be cleaned in between services.
- There will be a box at the back of the church for offering, but we strongly encourage you to continue with online giving if you are able so as to keep the time and manpower down for counting